Location: Université Sorbonne Paris Nord – Bobigny (France)
Start date: From 14 March 2022 (negotiable)
Contract duration: 24-month fixed-term contract (renewable)
Reporting line: Raphaël Lévy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are recruiting two postdoctoral researchers to work on the first replication project in nanobiotechnology. The successful applicants will join NanoBubbles. NanoBubbles is a European Research Council (ERC) Synergy project that aims at better understanding of the mechanisms of correction of science, focusing on bionanoscience as a field that we both study and contribute to. It is an interdisciplinary project that brings together expertise in bionanotechnology, computer science and human sciences. The project is led by 4 researchers from the Universities of Paris Sorbonne Nord (USPN, FR), Maastricht (NL), Grenoble-Alpes (FR) and Radboud (NL), in collaboration with 5 researchers from the CNRS (FR), the University of Twente (NL), Toulouse (FR) and Ecole des Ponts (FR).
In the last few years, replication projects in psychology and cancer biology have had a massive impact in these disciplines, revealing deep problems and contributing to improvements in scientific practices and scientific communication. The NanoBubbles replication project aims to replicate up to 20 experiments in the field of nanoparticles used for imaging and sensing inside cells. The synthesis, characterisation, imaging and analysis will be done in multiple laboratories to ensure robustness of results. The postdoctoral researchers will be involved in all aspects of this unique project from the selection of experiments to be replicated, to the development and realisation of the protocols, to the organisation of multi lab replications. They will engage with the bionano community, collaborate and travel to many different laboratories in France and beyond to organise and do some of those experiments. They will present the results at international conferences. Thus, they will benefit from multiple opportunities for training and for growing their international networks.
- You must have a PhD in chemistry (nanoparticle synthesis and characterisation), or physical chemistry (probe characterisation), or cell biology (cell culture, intracellular sensing, microscopy).
- We are looking for scientists with expertise and skills in one of the relevant disciplines. You do not need to possess all of those skills to apply: there are two positions so we expect to recruit one person with a more chemistry-oriented profile and one with a more cell biology/imaging/sensing profile.
- Some prior postdoctoral experience is welcome but is not an essential requirement.
- If you are able to communicate beyond your disciplinary expertise and if you are rigorous, as well as passionate about science and scientific communication, we want to read your application.
- You must also have good organisational skills and an excellent level in academic English.
In your application letter, please explain why you want to join NanoBubbles and participate in this replication effort, and show how the project will benefit from your expertise and skills.
Salary: From 2,690€ gross per month depending on experience
Application deadline: 11 February 2022, 5pm GMT+1
Contact email: email@example.com
Please attach the following documents in your application file:
- Covering letter explaining your interest in the NanoBubbles’ project.
- CV including a description of previous research experience and the names and contact details of at least two referees.
Université Sorbonne Paris Nord is a major teaching and research center located north of Paris. It has five campuses, spread over the two departments of Seine-Saint-Denis and Val d’Oise: Villetaneuse, Bobigny, Saint-Denis, the Plaine Saint-Denis and Argenteuil. The fundamental mission of Paris University 13 is to improve the scientific, cultural and professional knowledge of all through initial and continuing education and the development of research, which is its essential foundation. Truly multidisciplinary in nature, Sorbonne Paris Nord University is a major center of teaching and research in the north of Paris. The university has more than 25,000 students in initial or continuing training, in many fields: Health, Medicine and Human Biology – Letters, Languages, Humanities and Societies – Law, Political and social sciences – Communication sciences – Economics and management.
Send your application file to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline (11 February 2022, 5pm GMT+1)